Little Ongava is perched on the crest of a hill in the private 30 000-hectare Ongava Game Reserve commanding magnificent vistas of the African plains beyond. Arguably Namibia’s most civilized and certainly most comfortable accommodation, exclusive without being indulgent, Little Ongava offers an extraordinary experience from which to focus your Etosha journey.
Anticipate a warm welcome at this intimate and exclusive lodge, with only three spacious, private and luxurious suites each with its own plunge pool, en-suite bathroom, a ‘sala’, and outdoor ‘al fresco’ shower. These and the dining and lounge area have wonderful views of the waterhole below the camp and the latter lends itself to relaxed, stylish dining under an African sky or under thatch.
Day and night wildlife-viewing drives, visiting hides that overlook waterholes and walks with experienced guides can all be enjoyed exclusively on this reserve. Game drives and day trips into the easily accessible Etosha National Park are rewarding.
Guests at Little Ongava share a dedicated guide and Land Rover, ensuring the best possible nature experience at one of Africa’s great wildlife destinations.
Number of Suites:
- 3 luxury suites
- 1 guide single room (however guide accommodation is shared with Ongava Lodge, which has another 2 twin guide rooms. Not the same standard as a guest room)
This camp can accommodate six guests plus tour leader.
It can also be combined with Ongava Lodge (classic style) and/or Ongava Tented Camp (vintage style) to increase capacity for a group.
- En-suite bathrooms with shower, double basins and bath with a view
- Outdoor shower
- Air-conditioned bedroom
- Tea / coffee making facilities
- Sitting room with own viewing deck
- Hairdryers provided in rooms
- 220v Electricity in the rooms
- Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each suite
- Two suites have 2 x ¾ beds (which can be converted into double beds) and a third has a king size bed
- Private sala
- Plunge pool
- In-room dining can be arranged on request.
- Bar fridge in the room.
- Safe in each room
Built on the crest of a hill with wonderful views across the plains, Secluded private self contained camp, Dining under the stars or under thatch, Boma, View over waterhole, Near to the main lodge which houses the curio shop and reception
Attractions & Activities:
Game drives in Etosha and Ongava Reserve, Walks with an armed guide (White Rhino can be tracked on foot), Full day excursions into Etosha National Park (subject to availability of vehicles), Guests at Little Ongava share a dedicated guide and Land Rover ensuring the optimum nature experience.
- Situated along the southern boundary of the Etosha National Park, close to the Anderson Gate in Northern Namibia.
- South of Okaukuejo
- In its own private game reserve 30,000 hectares in size.
Ongava Airstrip Co-ordinates: S 19.19.7, E 015.54.9
|Fully Inclusive Rates|
|1 NOV 2011 – 19 DEC 2011||R6895 pppn|
|15 JUN 2011 – 31 OCT 2011||R9925 pppn|
|20 DEC 2011 – 6 JAN 2012||R7800 pppn|
*Rates includes accommodation (sharing), all meals, scheduled lodge activities, park fees and all local drinks (premium exports and bottled wine are extra).
*All rates are subject to change