Ongava Tented Camp
Ongava Tented Camp, built of stone, canvas and thatch, accommodates 16 guests in eight large comfortable Meru-style tents all with en-suite facilities, open air showers and private verandas. The family unit sleeps four. Activities at this comfortable camp typically take place around the main area with its relaxing bar and swimming pool fronting onto a much-frequented waterhole.
Etosha National Park is Namibia’s premier wildlife destination and at almost the size of Switzerland it is certainly one of Africa’s largest game parks.
Large herds of plains game concentrate around the waterholes in the dry season, whilst the summer month’s sporadic rainfall produces a profusion of life.
Ongava’s proximity to Etosha allows for game drives that take in the plethora of game in the National Park and on the Ongava Reserve itself. Other possibilities include guided walks, birding and spending time in hides.
A special encounter is white rhino tracking – Ongava holds one of the largest rhino custodianship for the Namibian government in the country and is one of the few private game reserves in southern Africa that give one the chance to see both black and white rhino.
Number of tents:
- 7 twin bedded tents
- 1 family unit – comprising of 2 tents which can sleep 4 guests
- 1 twin guide room (not the same standard as a guest tent)
This camp can accommodate 16 guests plus tour leader on an FIT basis. It can also be combined with Ongava Lodge (classic style) and/or Little Ongava (premier style) to increase capacity for a group.
- Luxury, classic style tents with double doors to allow for uninterrupted view of waterhole with covered veranda
- Each tastefully furnished tent has en-suite bathroom facilities, each having their own unique open air private shower.
- Under canvas
- En-suite open-air reeded bathrooms
- Every tent has a small quaint veranda
- Soaps, shampoos and insect repellents are supplied in each tent
- Safe in each tent
- The bush around camp provides an intimate atmosphere.
- Rock and thatched communal area consisting of bar and dining room
- Open fire
- Swimming pool
- Overlooks a small productive waterhole
Attractions & Activities:
- 2 x 10 seater (7 window seats) Land rover 4 x 4 vehicles
- Game drives on Ongava’s reserve
- Full day game drives in Etosha National Park with a picnic (optional)
- Walks with an armed guide
- Private vehicles can be booked at an extra cost (subject to availability)
- Situated along the southern boundary of the Etosha National Park, close to the Anderson Gate in Northern Namibia
- South of Okaukuejo
- In its own private game reserve 30,000 hectares in size
Ongava Airstrip Co-ordinates: S 19.19.7, E 015.54.9
|Fully Inclusive Rates|
|1 NOV 2011 – 19 DEC 2011||R3770 pppn|
|15JUN 2011 – 31 OCT 2011||R3770 pppn|
|20 DEC 2011 – 6 JAN 2012||R4270 pppn|
*Rates includes accommodation (sharing), all meals, scheduled lodge activities, park fees and all local drinks (premium exports and bottled wine are extra).
*All rates are subject to change